Weyify IBW Shopify app helps you manage your inventory for the products you sell by weight. Normal products inventory is still managed in Shopify as normal. With Weyify IBW each time you sell a product by weight, the weight of the variant gets deducted from your weighable inventory level whether you sell it through your online store or through the Shopify POS. Check out our POS app, Weyify POS by Weight
To get started, we need to know which products you'd like manage inventory for by weight. To get set up, open the Weyify IBW app and follow these steps:
- Click on the "Add Products to Weyify". This will open an overlay that lists all the products you have in your Shopify store.
- Simply check the items that you want to manage inventory by weight.
- Click "Save Products in Weyify" at the top.
You can add more products at any time, just click the "Add Products to Weyify" from any screen.
Next, click on the "Settings" tab and add the email address where we should send low inventory alert emails, and set your weight measure. You can choose between grams, kilograms, ounces and pounds.
Now you're ready to go!
Adding Inventory to IBW
Once you have your products added to IBW, the next step is getting your initial inventory added. To do this follow these steps:
- Click on the "Manage Inventory" tab.
- You can either click on a product to add inventory for a single product, or click the check box next to multiple products to add in bulk by clicking the "Bulk Edit" button that appears.
- To add inventory enter the weight and any of the optional fields for batch no., expiration date, supplier and country of origin, then click the "Save" button.
You can also set the On Sale Date for your products so that you know which batch you were selling at a particular time. To set an on sale date, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Manage Inventory" tab and click on the product you want to set a date for.
- Under the Inventory Log section, find the batch you are currently selling and choose an On Sale Start date using the date picker.
- Click the "Save" button.
When you are no longer selling a certain batch, you can also set an On Sale End date following the same instructions as above.
Now your product inventory is all set up, you'll want to get notified when you're running low on stock. To add low inventory alerts, follow the steps below:
- Click on the "Stock Alerts" tab and click on the product you want to set a date for.
- You can either click on a product to add inventory for a single product, or click the check box next to multiple products to add in bulk by clicking the "Add Alert" button that appears.
- Enter the weight at which you'd like to receive an alert and click the "Save" button.
You can add multiple alerts for a single product, so you're covered if you're prone to procrastination, and you easily delete an alert by clicking the "Remove" link next to the alert level you want to delete.
Inventory Reports is the main dashboard for IBW, giving you a quick overview of your weighable inventory. The dashboard is broken out into 4 main sections:
- Product Inventory Report
The line graph shows you the total number of products you have in Weyify, a breakdown of the products with a Sub Zero inventory level, the number of products In Alert and the products which have Safe inventory levels. Clicking on "View Report" will take you to a screen showing all your product inventory levels, with the option to export the data to a spreadsheet.
- Product Inventory Log Report
The graph here shows you the inventory you have added over the last 30 days. Clicking on "View Report" will take you to a full inventory log report that gives you all inventory additions you have made. You can choose a date range using the dropdown select in the top right of the screen, and click "Export Report" for a full download of what you are viewing.
- Sales by Weight Report
This lists your top selling products by weight from highest to lowest. Clicking on "View Report" takes you to a report that shows the weight sold, and the revenues for each product in Weyify. You can choose a date range using the dropdown select in the top right of the screen, and click "Export Report" for a full download of what you are viewing.
- Low Inventory Report
Here you can see the your most recent inventory alerts. Items in red are in negative figures, and orange is for products with a positive inventory that has fallen under an alert level. Clicking on "View Report" will give you the current inventory levels for all your products. Click "Export Report" for a full download of what you are viewing.